Calling all bakers!
You have been asking for this a long time and it is finally here – dedicated time for baking bread! This means instead of the oven being fired super hot for baking the perfect pizza pie, we will be fine tuning the temperature for the perfect loaf of bread.
This is going to be a bit of an experiment for everyone involved as we have never had a dedicated time for people to bake bread in the oven. We have had some successful (and not so successful) attempts so we know it can be done and the results are amazing when it works! It is going to be fun but might result in some early
disasters learning opportunities.
- It is ByoD (bring-your-own dough)
- We are going for rustic-looking loaves (so leave your bread pans at home)
- 1-2 loaves maximum per person (We really have no idea how many people will show up and we want everyone to have a chance to bake a loaf)
- For consistency in baking time, please try to bring 500 to 600 gram loaves
- Be open-minded that the early season sessions will include lots of trial and error (so you might end up with a burnt loaf or two along the way)
Open Bread Schedule:
- Sunday June 30th, 2:30 – 4:30 pm
- Sunday July 28th, 2:30 – 4:30 pm
- Sunday August 25th, 2:30 – 4:30 pm
- Sunday September 29th, 2:30 – 4:30 pm
- Sunday October 27th, 2:30 – 4:30 pm