Volunteer With Us
If you’d like to run your own event at the oven and/or become a volunteer, you need to first learn the basics. We’re eager to teach those who want to learn to use the oven from start to finish: how to open the shed, build the fire, ready the oven for cooking and close it all up at the end of the day.
At the bottom of this page, you can sign up to receive additional information and updates about volunteering at the Park Oven.
As a Park Oven volunteer, you help bring the Dartmouth Common and Park Oven to life! You can feel good in knowing that once the oven is at cooking temperatures, the heat from your fire will provide hours of outdoor enjoyment for local groups and members of the community. Your volunteered time is helping to transform the Dartmouth Commons in a positive way.
2019 Volunteer Training & Orientation
Requirements: To be fully trained as a volunteer (or to use the oven without volunteer assistance), you must attend a training session. Following the completion of training, you will also be required to shadow with an experienced volunteer.
Upcoming dates for 2019:
- Cancelled due to rain – Saturday, May 18th 2019, 10:00 am to 1:00 pm (With Bernie & Ned)
- Completed – Sunday, May 19th 2019, 12:00 am to 3:00 pm (With Bernie, Ned & Kelsey)
- Saturday, May 25th 2019, 10:00 am to 1:00 pm (With Bernie & Ned)
- Sunday, May 26th 2019, 12:00 am to 3:00 pm (With Bernie & Kelsey)
- Saturday, June 1st 2019, 11:00 am to 1:00 pm (With Bernie & Ned)
- Additional dates will be posted at a later time
Note: Sessions are held outdoors and near a lit fire. Please dress for the environment.
RSVP is not required but signing up for the volunteer distro below is strongly recommended so you will receive notification of cancellations or other updates.
Sign up for the volunteer distro
By signing up to be added to the volunteer distro, you will receive important updates about ongoing volunteer training such as session dates, cancellations and more.